Peanut Butter Mocha Parfaits
|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
|Download the Recipe|
Peanut Butter Mocha Parfaits
Have you ever noticed that some of the best coffees have a nutty flavor to them? This Peanut Butter Mocha Parfait recipe captures the wonderful way in which the flavors of coffee and peanuts work together. And speaking of teamwork, we’ve added some chocolate to make a magical three part dessert harmony. These parfaits are a beautiful way to enjoy an incredibly delicious combination of flavors and textures!
- 3.9oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Crumbled Oreos
- Whipped cream
1. To to make the Peanut Butter Mocha Parfaits, we will begin by making the mocha pudding. Brew a strong batch of coffee using the ratio of one coffee scoop to one cup of water. If you are setup to grind your own beans, choose a fine grind setting to increase the strength of the coffee flavor. Allow to cool for an hour before putting in your refrigerator to completely cool down. To chill the coffee more quickly, you can pour it into a small mixing bowl and place it inside a larger mixing bowl filled with ice water and stir vigorously.
2. Once the coffee is chilled, mix the coffee, milk and pudding mix together in a mixing bowl using a whisk and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. The pudding won’t be fully thickened at this point and will still look a little loose. Move the mixing bowl into the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes and it will finish setting while you make the peanut butter layer.
3. Measure a half cup of dry roasted, unsalted peanuts and transfer to a zip-top sandwich bag. Seal it most of the way and then use a rolling pin to gently go back and forth over the peanuts to crush them. You are not looking to turn them into a powder, just small chunks, so don’t go too crazy or you will miss out on the good texture and crunch they provide in the parfaits.
4. In a small mixing bowl, use a fork or whisk to mix the peanut butter and half and half together. It will take a minute or two, but they will ultimately combine and form a smooth consistency. Next add in the crushed peanuts and stir to combine.
5. Grab four parfait glasses, or rocks glasses work fine in a pinch, and add a layer of pudding in the bottom. Next add a thin layer of the peanut butter mixture. These layers should not be identical in “height” as the peanut butter mixture is a little stronger in flavor and you’re looking to have a perfect balance between the mocha pudding and the peanut butter. Continue alternating layers until the glasses are filled or you run out of ingredients. If you have any guests with peanut allergies, swapping the peanut butter layer for a layer of crumbled Oreos is a tasty substitution. Garnish the top of each parfait with more crushed peanuts or oreo crumbles and then top with whipped cream. Serve immediately with a spoon.