|Share on Facebook
|Share on Twitter
|Download the Recipe
It’s hard not to consider this [undeniably delicious] appetizer, Crabbies, to be “a little bit country.” The dish does include butter, mayonnaise and cheese spread, after all. However, I am here to attest that this dish is whole-heartedly rock n’ roll and remains a requisite appetizer every year at my family’s holiday gatherings. Get ‘em while they’re hot – they disappear quickly!
- 8 oz. can of fresh crab meat, claw, drained
- 4 oz. jar of Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 2 tbps mayonnaise
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- The juice of a lemon
- package of English muffins
A couple of tips: allow the butter to soften at room temperature for a little while prior to making this. You will also want to get the cheese spread as soft as possible as well so that it mixes better with the rest of the ingredients. One way to help soften it up is to place the jar (closed) into a larger container of warm water. Leave the jar in there for a minute or two and it should help move things along.
1. To start, preheat your broiler. The timing usually works out so that the oven is good and hot by the time you finish putting this together. Split or cut the English muffins in half and place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Put all other ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
2. Spread the crab mixture in equal portions onto the English muffin halves. Put the tray into the oven under the broiler for approximately five minutes until the tops are golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and then cut each muffin half into quarters. Serve hot.