|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
|Download the Recipe|
Are you looking to capture all of the magic of buffalo wings without the chicken? Give this tasty vegetarian-friendly appetizer a try! These Buffalo Sticks are a perfect compliment to your game day spread, especially if you’re short on time and growing tired of the same ol’ crudite. Even if your team loses, you and your friends will still be big winners with snacks like this!
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of brick)
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 8 ribs celery
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Ranch dressing, to dip or to drizzle
- Carrot spirals
- Extra blue cheese crumbles
1. To make Buffalo sticks, first allow the cream cheese and blue cheese to soften at room temperature for 30 minutes. You can skip this part if you’re short on time, but allowing the cheese to soften will make it easier to work with. Otherwise, while the cheese is softening, move on to steps 2 and 3.
2. Separate stalks of celery from the head and rinse and dry them. Trim off the ends of the stalks, cut them into halves or thirds, and set aside.
3. In a small sauce pot, combine the hot sauce and butter and warm over low heat. Warm the mixture just until the butter melts and whisk to combine. Set aside briefly to cool.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and blue cheese by stirring with a fork until the cheeses are blended and smooth.
5. Using a spoon or butter knife, stuff the celery stalks with the cheese mixture. Arrange the stuffed celery onto a serving platter and drizzle the buffalo sauce across the top. At this point, the Buffalo Sticks are ready to be served but if you’re interested in revving up the presentation, garnish the platter with carrot spirals and additional blue cheese crumbles, and drizzle a little bit of ranch dressing over the top.