|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
|Download the Recipe|
When winter falls on the Carolinas, locals often turn to the warmth of whiskey and coffee to keep their engines running until spring returns. Carolina Winter is a cold weather cocktail using TOPO Distillery’s uniquely delicious Eight Oak Whiskey. Infused with a subtle coffee flavor, this recipe aims to build upon an already deeply flavored spirit and bring some warmth and holiday cheer to your taste buds at the same time!
- 2 oz. coffee-infused TOPO Organic Eight Oak Whiskey
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz. half and half
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup organic coffee beans
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
For the Infusion & Simple Syrup
1. For the Whiskey Infusion: Pour 1/2 cup whole organic coffee beans into one full bottle of TOPO Organic Eight Oak Whiskey and let sit for 24 hours. Strain the whiskey into a separate container and then use a funnel to return the spirit back into the TOPO bottle.
2. For the Simple Syrup: Combine a cup of water and a half cup of sugar and warm over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Pour into an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
3. To make the cocktail, strain the infused whiskey into a shaker filled with ice. ￼Add the cinnamon and simple syrup and shake until very cold. Strain into a rocks glass and slowly top off with half and half. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.